Berlin International Youth Theatre
Open to New Students as of September 2017
An opportunity to develop acting skills, build self-esteem, create theater in English and make new friends. Taught by veteran actress and director Priscilla Bergey.
The BIYT Ensemble (Age 15-20)
Saturdays 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The BIYT Lab (Age 11-14)
Saturdays 10 am – 11:30 am
Freie Probestunde/ Free Taster sessions will be held September 2, 9, 16, and 30. Please reserve your place now. First term starts September 2 and goes until December 16.
An opportunity to develop acting skills, build self-esteem, create theater in English and make new friends. Taught by veteran actress and director Priscilla Bergey. The first session for a new student is free. This gives the student the opportunity to decide if they would like to continue. After that a full commitment and monthly payments are expected.
“For kids who want to venture into new and exciting worlds, build team skills and find lifelong friends, I say give this a try… Because these are the things that BIYT has given me.” / Rebecca Fixemer, Winner of the Acting Student of the Year award 2017 at the Institute of the Arts, Barcelona
The BIYT Ensemble (age 15-20)
Saturdays 12:00 – 3:00 pm
67 € per month (minus the free probestunde)
54 € per month for additional family members.
Each term has a theme which is chosen by the group and a different professional theater artist will be invited to share their knowledge with this talented group in a three hour workshop. Alongside the regular scene building exercises and improvisations we will work on character and scene analysis using classic and original text.
The BIYT Lab (age 11-14)
57€ per month (minus the free probestunde)
44€ per month for additional family members.
The focus of these classes is discovering the magic of theatre. The process involves stretching and strengthening the basic tools of acting everyone already has – the imagination, body and voice. The first part of the class consists of fun relaxing theatre games to free the imagination, make us feel comfortable within the group and inspire self-confidence. The second part focuses on scene building exercises and improvisations which work towards the creation of original text.
In 2018 all students will have the opportunity to audition for the annual BIYT Play.
————> To register and for more information please contact Priscilla Bergey at email@example.com
• 2010 BIYT’s first full-length theater production, Tale of the Rebel Waves
• 2011 The second show was Blood of the Butterfly, a science fiction fantasy where three separate civilizations become entangled in a web of greed, presented in June 2011 and again in December 2011.
• 2012 The third production Till Someone Sneezes, based on The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder. Check it out on YouTube.
• 2013 came MODELMONSTERMODEL – The Curse of Narcissus , a fashion-horror thriller with incredible costumes.
• 2014 brought a true classic: Shakespeare’s Macbeth – a huge success!!
• 2015 Into the Haystack, a dramatic investigation of surveillance in a suspiciously normal yet surreal society where the citizens have given up all rights to privacy
• 2016 A gothic horror tale, Sinner’s Circle – the Salem Witchcriers, based on the infamous Salem Witch Trials
• 2017 Till Someone Sneezes Re-visited. Our “Directors Cut” with a new cast and plot twists
Rebecca Fixemer, 22 yrs. (Winner of the Acting Student of the Year award 2017 at the Institute of the Arts, Barcelona):
“Growing up as a shy school girl in Berlin, joining BIYT helped shape the woman I am today. I found a safe and trusting environment in which I could come out of my shell and be free to play any role without fear; ranging from April Zytztz, a girl who ventures to unknown planets to save her own, to Lady Macbeth, my all-time favourite Shakespearean lady.
I spent six years with this group, forming friendships that will last a lifetime. Our original core group grew into an exciting and supportive ensemble, and I feel truly blessed to have been a part of this journey.
Today as I study to become an actress, and I cannot imagine having gotten to this point without the experiences I received from BIYT. For kids who want to venture into new and exciting worlds, build team skills and find lifelong friends, I say give this a try… Because these are the things that BIYT has given me.”