Theater und Schule
The TUSCH concept is rooted in partnerships between Berlin theaters and schools through which theater-based projects are developed. The program is under the jurisdiction of the Berliner Senat für Bildung, Jugend und Sport and involves around 30 theaters and schools.
For more information go to www.tusch-berlin.de.
- since 2020 Our TUSCH partner school is the FREIE SEKUNDARSCHULE PEPPERMONT in Prenzlauer Berg.
- 2016-19: CARL-BOSCH-OBERSCHULE in Hermsdorf.
- 2013-15: PAULSEN-GYMNASIUM in Steglitz
- 2010-13: HEINRICH-SCHLIEMANN-GYMNASIUM in Prenzlauer Berg. In 2012, the Tusch project contributed to English Theatre Berlin’s Science & Theatre project presenting a production called DESIGNER GENES, a multimedia piece about synthetic biology where Juliet met a genetically enhanced Romeo.
- 2007-09: NELSON-MANDELA-Schule in Charlottenburg
- 2006-07: SCHILLER-OBERSCHULE in Charlottenburg
- 2004-05: SOPHIE-SCHOLL-OBERSCHULE in Schöneberg. ETB’s Artistic Director, Günther Grosser, and British actor, Tomas Spencer, teamed up with Kristina Tendel, teacher at the Sophie-Scholl-Oberschule, and 15 students of grade 12 to work on their version of Louis Sachar’s play HOLES.
- 2002-04: English Theatre Berlin’s first TUSCH project, SOUTH AFRICA AWAKENINGS – From Tribal Beginnings to 2004, was developed during a two-year partnership with the MARTIN-BUBER-OBERSCHULE where our creative team, Jesta Phoenix (writer), Nicholas Grew (music composer) and Nooreen Shah-Preusser (director), developed a production based on the history of South Africa together with students and teachers from the school.