Berlin International Youth Theatre
An opportunity to develop acting skills, build self-esteem, create theater in English and make new friends. Taught by veteran actress and director Priscilla Bergey.
The BIYT Ensemble
Saturdays from 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Probestunde/Taster sessions are being held throughout the months of February and March 2017
The new term begins on April 1, 2017
This group of young actors ages 12-18 have the opportunity to be part of the full scale production which premieres on June 22, 2017.
The main focus of these classes is discovering the magic of theater. How does it happen? Where does it come from? This process involves stretching and strengthening the basic tools of acting everyone already has – the imagination, body and voice.
The first part of the class consists of fun relaxing theater games to free the imagination, make us feel comfortable within the group and inspire self-confidence. The second part focuses on scene building exercises, character analysis and improvisations which include working with text (memorization, interpretation, as well as the creation of original text).
Prices: The first session for a new student is free. This gives the student the opportunity to decide if they would like to continue. After that a full commitment and monthly payments are expected.
57 € per month – 45 € per month for additional family members – and an additional one-time fee of 50 € to contribute to the costs of the production.
Returning in september 2017
The BIYT Lab
For ages 10 to 18. Wednesday afternoons
BIYT’s production HISTORY
- 2010 BIYT’s first full-length theater production, Tale of the Rebel Waves
- 2011 The second show was Blood of the Butterfly, a science fiction fantasy where three separate civilizations become entangled in a web of greed, presented in June 2011 and again in December 2011.
- 2012 The third production Till Someone Sneezes, based on The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder. Check it out on YouTube.
- 2013 came MODELMONSTERMODEL – The Curse of Narcissus , a fashion-horror thriller with incredible costumes.
- 2014 brought a true classic: Shakespeare’s Macbeth – a huge success!!
- 2015 Into the Haystack, a dramatic investigation of surveillance in a suspiciously normal yet surreal society where the citizens have given up all rights to privacy
- 2016 A gothic horror tale Sinner’s Circle – the Salem Witchcriers, based on the infamous Salem witch trials
To register and for more information please contact Priscilla Bergey at mailto: email@example.com
To register and for more information please contact Priscilla Bergey at firstname.lastname@example.org